Wednesday, January 24, 2018

NEW WINDOW PANELS IN THE DINING ROOM & HOW TO INSTALL GROMMETS


It has been a while since I have made any changes to our dining room. The drapes I had in the formal dining and living room I purchased over eight years ago. 

They were pretty pricey when I bought them, so I have kept them all these years always trying to make them work 
as the time passed and I made some other changes in those rooms.

During the holiday break I came across these very pretty and good quality panels at a great price at HomeGoods 
and I knew they would be perfect for our dinning room.


They were priced at $29.99 for a set of two 60 x 96 panels which was exactly what I needed.


They are beautiful in person. Great quality fabric with a very elegant design.




The only thing I wasn't sure about was the fact that I wanted them with grommets. I didn't want to hang them on the rod or use rings. That would of changed the length and the last thing I wanted to do was to have to reinstall 
the curtain rod.
Plus, I personally love the look of grommets, so I bought the panels and installed them myself.



I didn't even have to buy some. I just used the ones from the old panels. 
I purchased them at Hobby Lobby a long time ago. They come in bronze, gold and silver finish.
This is what they look like. 
Sorry for the old and bad picture. :)


The grommets are very easy to install. 
Here is a small tutorial. You can see the original post here that I put together a while back.



And this is the finish product.


The rest of the decor in the dining room is the same, at least for now. :)







Even my husband liked them and was surprised at what a difference they made, so he said I should just change 
the ones in the formal living room also.
I think I was in the car and driving to HomeGoods before he finished the sentence. LOL
I will share the other room soon, but here is a little preview.



As you all know I stenciled the walls in the dining room years ago. I am still debating if I should paint over 
the stencil, but I am not sure about it.
It was so much work!


Maybe one day I will get brave enough to repaint the walls. But, for now, I am enjoying this small update.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today. I really appreciate it!
Tuesdays at Our Home link party is still live if you would like to share any of your projects or just want to stop by for lots and wonderful inspiration from some of our fellow bloggers.

Enjoy the rest of your week!




7 comments:

  1. Those turned out great. I have never used those grommets but they are so much easier to install than the old ones were-you had to clamp them with a 'clamper' and then cut the material out of them. They are a really nice addition to you dining room. I still like the stenciling...and if you still love it why not leave it?

    Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever, I never would have thought to change the grommets, and your tutorial is great! I love the curtains. I always find something I like at HomeGoods and Marshall's. They carry a lot of neutrals and whites, and I usually find them as a pair for a great price.

    The rest of your decor is beautiful. I love the monogrammed plate! The burlaps flowers are so pretty--I bet you made them. Do you have a post which shows how?

    Take Care, Maria. Looking forward to seeing the living room!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Maria Elena. You really are a phenomenal decorator. The small details including those grommets, the stencil painting, and that gorgeous vignette on the table all make this room beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love drapes with the grommets. They just hang so much nicer. Love love your dining room. So pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this on grommets. I've been thinking of doing this to fabric for my living room. Your living room is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, it looks great! On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock.
    Most people will never be great in #Style, BUT YOU ARE ;-).

    Let me share something with you! Did you know that you can print favorite photos of your work and hang them on the wall as canvas prints? Bring your ideas into real life, with an option to print even large canvas prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the new curtains, they are so fresh and elegant looking. I have used grommets and I think they look perfect in your setting. And I was admiring your stenciled walls...again! I think they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...