Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DROP CLOTH WING BACK CHAIR


Hello, everyone!
Today I am sharing with you another drop cloth project.
Yes, I know! Enough with the drop cloth, right? LOL
Well, it is such a great and durable fabric that I have been hooked on it for a while now and we have used it 
all through out our home for different projects.



This time around, the old chair in out son's room was the victim. :)




It was old, very old and blue. Never looked right in that room, but he kept using it, so there it stayed.



As we are started getting this room ready to welcome him and his new family home, I was just going to put 
this chair on the curb until my husband said " let me see what I can do with it".

So there it went, into the garage, where he worked on it for a full weekend.
He stripped the chair down to the frame and added to it new foam we already had.



And after ironing one of the drop cloths we had left at home, he started recovering the chair,




Meanwhile, I painted the legs with oil rubbed bronze.


And by the end of the weekend, it looked like a new chair.







Using the last bit of drop cloth I had at home, I made some new drapes for the windows.





We are still moving things around in the room and making upgrades to make it as cozy as we can for them.
Soon we will be shopping for baby furniture. Yay!
Can you tell I am excited? :)




Another project finished! Thank you all for your visit.
See you soon! 




Sharing at:

22 comments:

  1. This is an amazing drop cloth transformation. I'm so impressed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look brand new!! I can't get over how talented y'all are with all your home improvement projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You both did a fabulous job on that chair - it's AWESOME!!!!!

    I cannot believe how talented you are - all those DYI projects with drop cloth, I am sooooo impressed and so not able to do those things myself.

    Well done!!! Congrats on your son coming home, and your growing family : - )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done quite a few projects with drop cloth and LOVE using it! I love the raw, neutral color and it's a nice weight! The chair and curtains look GREAT! Thanks for the inspiration! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! Beautifully done Maria Elena...hubby did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, thats almost too much Fabulousness~!! I am in LOVE with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...love it... I have been wanting to do this to my wing back chair for along time now... I even have the Drop Cloth...but I am afraid I will not be able to do it and mess it up.... now you have me thinking again...Love the whole room very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented! Wow! The chair looks amazing! I have a burgandy chair just like that with a comforter covering it... I'd love to cover it with drop cloth. Congratulations to you and your family! I can hear the excitement in your typing :-)
    Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your chair! I've been wanting to buy some drop cloth for some projects for awhile. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria Elena,
    I love how your chair came out, it look brand new and like you just bought it.....look awesome in the room, and will be a very welcoming and comfortable
    room when your son and wife come. Hope yall have a wonderful visit. and Congrats on the baby to come. We have our first lil grandaughter who is just over 19 mo. old and they joy is amazing..............

    It is amazing all the wonderful projects you have done with drop cloths.........awesome!

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so incredible. I am not at all good at upholstery. I love it that you used drop cloths because it is both resourceful and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, I am green with envy for your talent and being able to upholster. This chair is fabulous. I love, love, love it and what a pretty room. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job!!!! I <3 your chair:) Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your "new" chair looks so much better than the blue suede one! Love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Show Me Saturdays! Hope you will link up again this weekend (Saturday mornings at 7:00am EST).

    Happy Halloween!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great transformation! P.S I love the drop cloth fabric. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello cute lady! This looks beautiful! Pinned. Jessica chose it as her favorite post and we will be featuring it at our party on Monday! Woo Hoo! Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a couple of those suspects waiting for me to work on them! I think I'm going to send them to you. :) Really, I have two wingback chairs screaming at me for a makeover. Your post has giving me a little push.
    Your new chair is adorable! and Hey I heard baby?! Congratulations on your first grand!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, wish I had the talent to cover a chair like that! I have looked for an upholstery class in our local adult education classes, but they never have one anymore. I know they use to when I was young. The chair turned out fabulously! Your hubby is one talented guy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great makeover!! It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful! What a great makeover--and I'm inspired to think I could do it, too! Thank you so much for linking this to Grace at Home--I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...