Wednesday, May 14, 2014

INSTALLING GROMMETS ON YOUR DRAPES



As you all know, several weeks ago, while I changed the look of our living room, 
I also made some changes to our old drapes to update them a little.
I decided to keep our drapes for now. They were pretty pricey when I bought them, 
so I think I will keep them for a little while longer before I replace them.


 I received emails from several of my readers asking me how I installed the grommets, 
so I put a small tutorial to show you how easy it is.

I bought the bronze grommets at Hobby Lobby.
Don't forget your 40% off coupon! :)


 I used the same ones for both, the living room and dinning room drapes.



You all know I am not very good at tutorials and I had not taken any pictures when I did this, so, just using a small piece of drop cloth, I am going to try and show you how easy it is to install them.

First, iron your drapes really well.
Your grommets are going to be installed right in the center of the two seams where the rod is supposed to go.
By doing this, your drapes will be the same length after the grommets are installed.



 And here are the instructions.








 Super easy!
The only scary part is to cut your fabric. :)
Take your time on that if you decide to try this project.
This is the way I also added the grommets to my outdoor drop cloth curtains.

I hope this small tutorial helps you.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
Enjoy your day, everyone. Until next time!



Sharing with:


8 comments:

  1. This is a great tutorial! Your drapes look wonderful and I'm loving the new look of your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Maria Elena! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tutorial, Maria Elena! Your drapes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial, Maria Elena. I have never used the big grommets; only the little ones that you put through the cloth with the tool that looks like a pliers. Those drapes look great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look and thanks for sharing the tutorial with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! LOVE it - I may have to give this a try - with the coupon! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tute! These look really nice!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...