Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DROP CLOTH TABLE SKIRT


I have so much drop cloth left from when I made the outdoor curtains that I decided to put it to good use.

Before I start this post, I want to thank everyone who linked to Tuesdays at Our Home this week.
For some reason, either I messed up when I set up the link up or there is a glitch in their system, but I did not received any of the emails with the entries, so I won't be able to email you back personally like I like to do. 
I apologize for this.

For a while now, I have been wanting a table on the side of the single chair in our family room.
Last week I decided to use the leftover drop cloth and make a new table skirt for an old round table we had in the storage room for years.
 



I want to add some fringe to the bottom, but I didn't have any, so it will have to wait until I can get to Hobby Lobby this week. Meanwhile, this is how it turned out.





To decorate it, I also used an old Kirklands lamp and a clock I had in storage and a very, very old ceramic urn that I brought back to life by changing the flowers on it.






As you can see, it is just a small addition and a very easy project. These small tables are all 72", I cut my drop cloth at 74" and used the other two inches to sew a nice hem on it. You could also use iron on hem tape.
Drop cloth is such an easy fabric to work with.

I hope your week is going well.
Thank you for the visit!



10 comments:

  1. Love the shirt, it looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really nice. Looks like the fabric has a nice weight to it and drapes nicely. I need to get a glass top for my little table. I've just had the straight burlap on it for a while but it tends to "grab" stuff and the stuff loves to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think even without fringe it looks great Maria Elena! Actually anything you put in your lovely room will surely be alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Maria Elena! I did this with the two round side tables I had in our master bedroom. I think it looks great without the fringe, too. I wound up adding fringe to mine, but I think it is an expense you really don't need to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Maria! I can't wait to see it with the fringe but I love it just as well now!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that look in your room. that fringe will just add to its beauty.

    good job~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the drop cloth fabric. You did a lovely job and it looks great with or without the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to personally thank whomever was the first who decided to try using drop cloth fabric! I just love using it for so many things. Tablecloths are great and wash up so nicely. I like yours on your little round table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a big impact it makes in the room and it's really not big! I think it looks great with the things you brought out of storage, all this and not a penny spent! Great job Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dropcloth, and this table skirt looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...