Thursday, January 30, 2014

CHANGING THE LOOK OF MY DROP CLOTH PILLOWS


Happy Friday!
And a cold one at that! :)

Couldn't wait for this week to end, you see, our son is flying back home tomorrow for the second half of his 
"after deployment leave" and we are really excited to be able to have a little more family time together.
Sooo, before he arrives, I thought I take a rare, quite moment around here and share with you how I changed 
the look of the drop cloth pillows on my back porch.

Until we buy new outdoor furniture, I have been trying to make our porch a little more appealing 

by making new outdoor curtains (you can see that post here) and just add a few pretty pillows.
 You all know how much I like pillows! :)




Supplies needed for this project.



First, iron your fabric.
I forgot to take pictures while I was making the pillows, so I had to improvised and cut another piece of drop cloth to be able to give you this tutorial. Don't look at the wrinkles! :)
I chose a Fleur de Lis stencil.




Using a fabric marker, I traced the design.




And using a tiny paint brush and my favorite shade of brown, Burnt Amber, I filled in the Fleur de Lis.







Once it was dry, I placed the finished drop cloth piece over a larger burlap square and secured it with fabric glue.




And that's it! So simple.




What do you think?





 



I want to thank everyone that linked this week at Tuesdays at Our Home 
and also, those of you that took the time to stop by for a visit.
I really appreciate all your support!
I will be back with the features for this week.

Meanwhile, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 
 Stay safe and warm.







10 comments:

  1. That looks great, that simple touch just adds so much more detail to the whole space. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing and enjoy your time with your Son. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fleur de Lis, and I love the way these pillows pop on your porch. :) Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your pillow is so pretty! Now that's the way to use a stencil! :) Have a great weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do I think? I think you are clever and creative and it looks absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing you made yours I just might have to make me one. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Fleur de Lis, and have used about 200 of these symbols to top my wrought iron fence that surrounds our property!

    Your pillows are very pretty and inviting, such attention to detail, as always.

    Thanks for sharing all the tips and tidbits, Maria Elena.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty! I love the soft contrasting hues in the pillow...beautiful job! I adore fleur de lis! Would you mind sharing where you bought the fleur de lis stencil? The view from your back porch is simply gorgeous and I absolutely love your outdoor space! Wonderful tutorial......so simple, easy and looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us! Enjoy spending time with your son! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely, Maria Elena! You just cannot beat drop cloth fabric and burlap. If you always have a supply of those two things, you can create to your heart's content! I think you furniture looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them!! I love pillows too!! I am working hard to finishing my inside so I can start on the outside its basically spring here right now so I need to get to work before it gets hot! Sorry I haven't been around I have been so busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...