Monday, April 8, 2013

SPRING ON THE FRONT PORCH


Good morning!
I hope you all had a great weekend!

Ours was extremely busy
We gave the front and back yard a good cleaning, worked a little more on my craft room, my husband added some lighting, I finished painting and started organizing the room and in the process, I did hurt my wrist really bad.
I am wearing a brace right now, but I see a doctor's appointment in my very near future. 
I told you decorating can be dangerous! LOL

Today I am sharing with you our front porch.
I finished it last week, but we have had some rainy and gloomy days, so I couldn't take any pictures. 

And although these are not the best shots,  this is what out porch looks like decorated for Spring.


 
It all started when I found this fabric. Well, not really fabric, but two napkins that I turned into a cute pillow.
I even found the table mat to match, which I used on one of my old outdoor tables after I gave it a fresh coat of paint.



I also made two burlap pillows of the same colors.




 


I made a wreath for the front door using some silk flowers which I mixed with some of the burlap leftover 
from making the pillows.




 And I painted a flower pot to match the colors which I used to add a plant to one side of the front door.

 

On the other side of the entrance, I used my old stand and one of the old crates my friend Carol gave me to display a pretty plant with some gorgeous flowers I found last week.
It is real, if you are wondering and I hope it survives the very warm temperatures we are having.
Isn't it pretty?
I also gave the crate a coat of white glaze and made a small Spring sign to give it a little color.


 


  

And here is how it all came together.








That's it! I know, too many pictures! :)

REMINDER

The link for my weekly party, Tuesdays at Our Home, will be live tonight at 8:00 PM Central Time.
Hope you can join me! 

Until then, enjoy your Monday!


Sharing with:

 



 

29 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful. Perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your porch, it is stunning and the colors are so pretty. You always have the greatest pillows. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on your porch! Pinks and greens are one of my favorite color combinations. How smart of you to make a pillow out of two napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too many pictures at all! It is just gorgeous and so Springy looking. I love the pillows and your wreath is beautiful. Would you believe that we have snow coming on Wed & Thursday? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You "springified" your porch beautifully Maria Elena! Love those pretty pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have a beautiful and welcoming front porch! I love the pink & green color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never too many pictures!! Love seeing what you do! It looks beautiful.....so springy and colorful!! Love, love!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch looks wonderful. Love all of the color. Definitely a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I can imagine myself sitting right there enjoying a pretty cold pink lemonade :) I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Maria Elena! I envy you being able to put flowers out now without worrying about frost. I always get itchy between now and Mother's Day weekend {which I use as our point of last frost} to get some flowers outside. Love your lantern. I found a brass one at Goodwill last week and have been debating what color I want to paint it. After seeing yours, I think I will get a can of Heirloom White and spray it that color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your wrist. I hope it feels better soon.

    Your porch looks absolutely lovely...I really like the touches of pink and how you gave most everything a fresh coat of paint. The wreath, crate and pillows are so charming. I love it all! I'll be back later to join your party.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch looks so inviting. I would love to have a seat and enjoy the fresh air there. The colors are so pretty, and to think the inspiration came from napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria Elena, as always, your porch looks wonderful!! I love the lime and pink! And never too many pictures.. I love the ones up close!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and cheerful. Pink and green are some of my favorite colors. Happy Spring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so pretty and welcoming! Love the colors! You are all ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your front entry looks so pretty. Great colors and looks so "springy!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such a way with flowers and wreaths, Maria Elena. I love the fabric you chose and all the special little touches. People who come to your front door must think, "Wow, someone special lives here." They'd be right, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous as always!!

    Hope you are doing well!

    Take care,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning,

    All your pictures are so pretty. I was wondering if you put zippers, or slip cover backs to your pillowcases to allow you to easily remove pillow form?

    ReplyDelete
  20. completely inviting, and i love the use of your space, with that bench there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If it would stop snowing I would redo my porch for Spring/summer. As it is I cant do anything. My bench and chair and table need to be painted this year and cant do that till it warms up. This post makes me really want to get to it soon,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pillows and adorable little table beside the bench! Loved that you created the floral pillow with two napkins! Perfect colors for a spring decor!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything looks so beautiful! I love your gorgeous wreath. Just pinned it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty! You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! The colors are so cheery. Perfect for a front porch Spring welcome. thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. So positively perfect! What a welcoming and cheerful entrance!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...